Michael S. Moore
Mike Moore helps technology companies throughout the Northwest obtain patent protection for innovations in numerous areas. His clients include large multinational companies, solo inventors starting their first business and everyone in between. For Mike, the most rewarding part of his job is working with inventors who are passionate about their ideas. He believes there is always a way to help, and works tenaciously with his clients to find the right path.
Before coming to Schwabe, Mike worked in-house at a start-up, a small general practice firm and a patent boutique. Combined, these experiences give him a unique understanding of what clients in different economic or entrepreneurial situations may view as important. As a result, Mike works with clients to develop individualized strategies, rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach. His knowledge of each client’s particular needs allows him to maximize intellectual property protection while minimizing unnecessary costs and worry.
- Helps inventors obtain patent protection for inventions related to wireless signals, semiconductors, computer servers, optical devices, and computer memory.
- Provides portfolio development advice on multiple international high value patent portfolios.
- Provides strategic advice to a client related to comparisons of issued and pending patent applications against possible evidence of use.
- Advised clients on patent acquisition and brokerage strategies for multiple large portfolios in the wireless and wired telecommunications area.
Resources & Ideas
- March 11, 2016
- August 6, 2012
- Indiana UniversityBachelor of Sciences dual degree (honors) (2002)
- The George Washington University Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2006)
Oregon State Bar
United States Patent Bar
Outside The Office
- Composing and publishing music, writing children’s books (including "Dragons and Hot Sauce"), but mostly, hanging out with my family.