Adam P. Murray
Those in the manufacturing, real estate, and hospitality industries appreciate Adam Murray’s unique understanding of the contexts in which legal issues arise and his strategies for resolving them. Before joining Schwabe’s litigation team, Adam served as a judicial law clerk in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska. He has worked on complex trials and appeals across a broad range of issues and has published legal analysis related to environmental regulation, international and domestic governance, maritime law, and climate change.
Before law school, Adam owned and operated several hospitality and tourism businesses in the Pacific Northwest. He draws on this experience to represent corporations and their owners through a variety of transactions, decisions, and disputes. While attending the University of Washington School of Law, Adam served as Executive Articles Editor of the Washington Law Review and as a mediator for the school’s Mediation Clinic.
- Represents individuals and entities in state and federal proceedings.
- Served as judicial clerk for federal district court and appellate judges in civil and criminal litigation. Mediated a multi-party municipal boundary dispute involving complex annexation proposals.
- Provided commercial real estate development advice to create an award-winning mixed-use retail, hotel, and residential project.
Memberships & Awards
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
Resources & Ideas
- April 19, 2021
- Law360January 22, 2021
“Mission Impossible: A Guide to the New U.S. Icebreaker Discussion,” Maritime Executive (2015)
“California Falls Into the Sea: Pacific Merchant Shipping Assoc. v. Goldstene & State Authority to Regulate Beyond the Territorial Sea,” 27 U.S.F. Mar. L. J. 1 (2015)
Recent Developments in Arctic Law and Policy and Offshore Oil and Gas Activity, University of Washington Alaska and Washington CLE, (Anchorage, AK, 2015)
“Toward a Mandatory Polar Code by Tacit Means,” Law360 (2014)
- Leadership Clark County, Class of 2019
- Vancouver’s Downtown Association, Board of Directors and Executive Committee (2017-present)
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2014)
- University of OregonBachelor of Science degree in Political Science (2011)
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Outside The Office
- Whitewater kayaking and rafting, from the Kenai Peninsula to Patagonia.