Allison K. Krashan
Manufacturers, retailers and property owners in the Pacific Northwest rely on Allison Krashan to help them successfully defend injury and damage claims. Her extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts includes environmental and toxic tort claims (mold, asbestos, etc.), product liability claims, business tort claims (Consumer Protection Act, false advertising, etc.) and premises liability claims. She also defends professionals against malpractice claims.
Allison understands that having a claim asserted against your company is unpleasant and can sometimes come as a surprise. She guides clients through the litigation process one step at a time, carefully outlining the risks and preventing further surprises. A firm believer that success is defined by the client’s objectives, Allison works tirelessly to understand client goals and devise cost-conscious approaches to meet them. Her experience through the life cycle of numerous lawsuits gives her the ability to anticipate potential bumps in the road and develop attainable case resolution strategies, whether through settlement or trial.
Defense of Manufacturers
- Obtained early dismissal of an action against a national food product manufacturer where the plaintiff claimed the food product was contaminated by a rodent, preventing potential negative media attention.
- Received defense verdict in an arbitration hearing against an automobile manufacturer by finding evidence that the vehicle owner failed to perform recommended recall.
- Represented a manufacturer of farming equipment in a lawsuit against a competitor for false advertising and defamation, resulting in amicable settlement.
- Won early dismissal of action against an equipment manufacturer where plaintiff tried to avoid the shorter statute of limitations in Idaho by filing action in Washington, avoiding the litigation costs associated with discovery and trial.
- Represented manufacturers of various products against asbestos claims, resulting in voluntary dismissal by plaintiffs after establishing no exposure to clients’ products.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturers in litigation, including member of national discovery team.
Defense of Retailers and Property Owners
- Obtained defense verdict at trial defending the owner of an apartment building against $30 million claim asserted by former tenants that they were injured as a result of mold exposure in the apartment.
- Won appeal affirming dismissal of a premises liability claim against a retailer where the plaintiff slipped on water in the entryway, avoiding the risk and cost of a jury trial. Charlton v. Toys “R” Us Delaware, Inc. (2010).
- Represented a local property owner against significant injury claims arising out of elevator malfunction, resulting in a favorable settlement before trial where the client paid nothing and recovered a portion of its legal fees from co-defendant that performed maintenance on elevator.
- Obtained defense verdict at trial defending attorney against legal malpractice claims for over $1 million, while simultaneously winning client’s claim for unpaid fees and costs against former client.
- Obtained dismissal of malpractice claims against public defender based upon actual innocence rule. Piris v. Kitching (2015) (review pending).
Memberships & Awards
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers (WDTL), Board of Trustees (2014-present)
- WDTL, Product Liability Practice Section Committee Chair (2015-present)
- WDTL, Defender Donut Dash fundraiser, Chair (2014-present)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington Rising Stars List (2011-2017)
- International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy graduate (2011)
Resources & Ideas
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Presenter, WDTL Annual Tort law update (2011-2014)
- American Civil Liberties Union of Washington, pro bono attorney
- Seattle Works Day, volunteer
- YouthCare, volunteer
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2005)
- University of San FranciscoComparative International Law, Dublin, Ireland
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree (2001)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Courts, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
Outside The Office
- Spending as much time as possible in the mountains, skiing.