Amy Hanks Cornelius
Amy Cornelius uses her wealth of real estate experience to negotiate a wide array of contracts, provide clients with legal advice, and draft and negotiate leases, renewals, and occupancy agreements with retail, office, and industrial tenants.
Amy gives her clients access to the real estate knowledge and industry insights she has gained through her work as in-house counsel.
A real estate veteran and former in-house real estate counsel for CIM Group, Amy provided and managed legal services in the areas of leasing and property management for a commercial real estate portfolio of more than 1,200 properties. She understands the intricacies of owning and operating complex retail, office, and industrial properties. Prepared to navigate the myriad of legal and regulatory issues that confront all industry players, Amy keeps her clients’ ultimate goal in mind with each step she takes.
- Served as Vice President, Legal Services for VEREIT, Inc., a NYSE company, where she provided and managed legal services for a commercial real estate portfolio consisting of more than 5,600 properties located in 49 states, supporting the real estate team in the acquisition of over $25 billion in commercial real estate, and assisting the leasing team in completing over 25 million square feet of leases, renewals, and other occupancy agreements.
- Served as General Counsel, Leasing for Gulf Coast Commercial Group, Inc., a Houston-based developer, where she provided and managed legal services for a commercial retail real estate portfolio located in the southeastern United States.
- Negotiated and facilitated anchor, junior anchor, shops space, and restaurant/outparcel transaction documentation including leases, covenants, and restrictions (CCRs, ECR, REA, OEA, etc.), site development agreements, and purchase and sale contracts.
- Counseled and advised leasing, property/asset management, and construction personnel with respect to a wide range of real estate legal issues.
Memberships & Awards
- International Council of Shopping Centers (2009-present)
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate for Women (2009-2016)
Resources & Ideas
- The Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center, Development Committee Member (2013-2014)
- Vermont Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2002)
- Marist CollegeBachelor of Science degree, Criminal Justice (1999)
- Arizona State Courts
- Connecticut State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- Texas State Courts
- Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- Spending time with my husband our two dogs, Cracklin’ Rosie and Cool Hand Luke, traveling, sailing, and enjoying the outdoors.