Anna Helton helps businesses efficiently and effectively resolve commercial disputes. She handles breach of contract claims, lease issues, real property foreclosures (residential and commercial), loan workouts, and collection matters. She also routinely represents entities involved in negligence and vicarious liability lawsuits based on intentional acts committed by alleged employees or agents.
Anna also co-leads the firm's Food and Beverage group and has chosen to focus on the food and beverage industry because of her personal experience working in it. That personal experience gives her a distinct awareness of problems the industry faces and the changing landscape of the food market. In her work for food and beverage companies, Anna has assisted clients with matters involving breaches of distribution and franchise agreements, lease disputes, and intentional interference claims.
In addition to litigation, Anna reviews, drafts and negotiates a wide range of commercial contracts for clients, including loan documents, lien waivers, control agreements, and subordination agreements. Her experience litigating the types of contracts that she negotiates gives her a unique and valuable perspective in the negotiation process.
- Drafted and negotiated transactional documents related to several million-dollar healthcare-based loans.
- Negotiated a complicated settlement involving a cutting-edge product with relatively little market presence
- Represented clients in dozens of cases involving intentional torts committed by employees or agents
- Worked successfully with a receiver in a receiver’s auction to achieve an efficient resolution of a million dollar collection matter
- Assisted a client with a market withdrawal involving a highly sensitive food product.
- Efficiently resolved several loan and other contract disputes with negotiated settlements.
Resources & Ideas
- May 20, 2010
- Artists Repertory Theatre, Board of Directors (2010-2015)
- St. Andrew Nativity School Ambassador, Board (2014-2016)
- University of Notre Dame Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2005)
- Willamette UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, cum laude (2000)
- Tokyo Kokusai Daigakustudy abroad (Fall 1998)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon