Annyika (Nyika) Corbett works collaboratively with clients to find the most efficient ways to resolve their business and employment disputes. Nyika represents businesses in administrative hearings, crafts decisive Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) position statements, represents clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings, and skillfully argues in court.
Growing up on an Oregon ranch, Nyika is intimately familiar with the unique issues facing the natural resources and agriculture industries. Her experience in general business tort litigation includes assisting in all stages of discovery, negotiating agreements, and seeing cases through trial.
Nyika’s employment law experience ranges across industries and includes discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, leave laws, employment benefits, and negotiating and drafting agreements. She represents and advises businesses of all sizes, from small, family-owned operations to large corporations and non-profit organizations. Nyika prides herself on keeping abreast of employment law changes, providing the most recent advice to update clients regarding compliance and legislation. She customizes her approach to reach the best outcome possible for each client.
- Regularly advises and defends clients in employment-related discrimination suits.
- Has successfully defended clients in administrative hearings in front of BOLI.
- Obtained early settlement in possible wage and hour class action.
- Provides proactive advice and counsel to clients on Oregon leave laws, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation, employment and independent contractor agreements, compensation agreements, hiring, and termination.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Continuing Legal Education Committee (2015-2019); Board Member (2019 - present)
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member (2014-present)
- Oregon New Lawyers Division (ONLD), Member Services Committee Chair (2018-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America Award: Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law - Management (2021)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Panelist & PresenterMay 20, 2020
- Panelist & PresenterMay 1, 2020
- Chemeketa Community College - AgriBusiness ManagementMarch 10, 2020
- October 16, 2019
- November 27, 2018
- Ring in the New Year with a Digital Audit to Reduce Online Privacy, Security, and Accessibility Risks December 21, 2020
- Capital PressMay 22, 2020
- Two Schwabe attorneys on how businesses can reduce online privacy, security and accessibility risks through digital spring cleaningPortland Business JournalMay 12, 2020
- Capital PressApril 2, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- September 5, 2019
- December 21, 2018
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette, Friends With Benefits Board (2015-2019)
- Small Business Legal Clinic, Pro Bono Attorney (2015-2017)
- Andrew’s Legal Clinic, Volunteer Intake Attorney (2015)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree
- Swarthmore CollegeBachelor of Arts degree
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon