Annyika (Nyika) Corbett works collaboratively with clients to find the most efficient ways to solve their employment issues. Growing up on an Oregon ranch, Nyika is intimately familiar with the unique issues faced in the natural resources and agriculture industries. Her employment law experience spans the entire spectrum, including discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, leave laws, and employment benefits. She represents and advises businesses of all sizes, from small, family-owned operations to large corporations and non-profit organizations.
Nyika adeptly represents employers in administrative hearings, crafts decisive Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) position statements, and skillfully argues in court. Nyika prides herself on keeping abreast of employment law changes, providing the most recent advice to update clients regarding compliance and legislation. She customizes her approach to reach the best outcome possible for each client.
- Regularly advises and defends clients in employment-related discrimination suits.
- Has successfully defended clients in administrative hearings in front of BOLI.
- Obtained early settlement in possible wage and hour class action.
- Provides proactive advice and counsel to clients on Oregon leave laws, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation, employment and independent contractor agreements, compensation agreements, hiring, and termination.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon New Lawyers Division (ONLD), Member Services Committee Chair (2018-present)
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member (2014-present)
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Continuing Legal Education Committee (2015-present)
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette, Friends With Benefits Board (2015-present)
- Small Business Legal Clinic, Pro Bono Attorney (2015-2017)
- Andrew’s Legal Clinic, Volunteer Intake Attorney (2015)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree
- Swarthmore CollegeBachelor of Arts degree
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon