Bazsi Takacs helps regional and international clients in the technology, footwear and apparel, sports and outdoor, and food and beverage industries manage, protect and enforce their intellectual property rights.
Bazsi routinely drafts and negotiates IP licensing agreements and advises clients of all sizes on trademark prosecution and portfolio management strategies. He provides practical, results-driven counsel on domestic and international distribution relationships, software licensing and development agreements, e-commerce transactions, domain name and website issues, and marketing and advertising law.
Bazsi’s practical experience comes from spending his last year of law school working in-house at Columbia Sportswear Company. Prior to law school, Bazsi worked in sports marketing for Nike in Hungary, managing and building relationships with professional athletes, teams and associations. Bazsi’s background in marketing drives his passion for protecting brands and leveraging intellectual property to create value for businesses.
- Provided legal support for an outdoor retail company concerning internal strategy and education regarding corporate and commercial law, contracts, advertising and marketing, privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), customs and duties, and intellectual property to various internal clients and management.
- Drafted and reviewed intellectual property license agreements, service agreements, marketing agreements, and non-compete agreements.
- Drafted and implemented a new global document retention policy and schedule.
- Reviewed corporate documents including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and written consent forms.
- Negotiated action sport athlete endorsement agreements for a global sportswear company.
Memberships & Awards
- Sports Lawyers Association, Member
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2018)
- Oxford Brookes UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Business Administration and Management (2014)
- International Business School of BudapestBachelor of Arts degree, Marketing Management (2013)
Oregon State Courts