Bazsi Takacs’s clients range from multi-billion-dollar corporations to entrepreneurial companies and span a range of industries, including outdoor and athletics, food and beverage, and emerging technologies. Bazsi protects and leverages his clients’ intellectual property rights by assisting in the selection, registration and enforcement of trademarks, and drafting and reviewing trademark, copyright and patent, and content license agreements, service agreements, marketing agreements, and sponsorship and endorsement agreements. His practice also encompasses entertainment, media and advertising law, and technology, corporate and business transactions.
Bazsi’s practical experience comes from spending his last year of law school working in-house at Columbia Sportswear Company. Prior to law school, Bazsi worked in sports marketing for Nike in Hungary, managing and building relationships with professional athletes, teams and associations. His background in marketing drives his passion for protecting brands and leveraging intellectual property to create value for businesses.
- Provided legal support for an outdoor retail company concerning internal strategy and education regarding corporate and commercial law, contracts, advertising and marketing, privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), customs and duties, and intellectual property to various internal clients and management.
- Drafted and reviewed intellectual property license agreements, service agreements, marketing agreements, and non-compete agreements.
- Drafted and implemented a new global document retention policy and schedule.
- Reviewed corporate documents including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and written consent forms.
- Negotiated action sport athlete endorsement agreements for a global sportswear company.
Memberships & Awards
- Sports Lawyers Association, Member
Resources & Ideas
- February 16, 2021
- October 5, 2020
- Portland Business JournalJanuary 14, 2020
- August 14, 2019
- Daily Journal of Commerce OregonJune 27, 2019
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2018)
- Oxford Brookes UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Business Administration and Management (2014)
- International Business School of BudapestBachelor of Arts degree, Marketing Management (2013)
Oregon State Courts