Allen Benson counsels real estate and construction clients on an array of legal concerns, including claims and disputes. He also assists and advises clients in the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts and change orders. When litigation is necessary, Allen helps clients move efficiently and strategically through the many stages of the litigation process. Allen’s exceptional attention to detail and wide range of experience makes him a trusted advisor to his clients.
Before joining Schwabe, Allen worked for a Seattle-based law firm for five years and specialized in real estate, construction, and general litigation disputes. He also spent one year working for a general practice law firm in eastern Washington.
During law school, Allen was a member of the Gonzaga Law Review and authored several articles related to new developments in the law governing various types of contracts.
- Regularly advised and counseled clients on contract negotiations, claims, and disputes, including litigation and pre-litigation strategy.
- Successfully litigated dozens of complex commercial and construction disputes before administrative bodies and trial courts in Washington and Alaska.
- Successfully appealed a contracting officer’s decision upholding governmental termination of a construction contractor for default.
Memberships & Awards
Alaska State Bar Association, Member (2019-present)
Colorado State Bar Association, Member (2019-present)
Washington State Bar Association, Member (2016-present)
Gonzaga University School of Law Dean’s List
Gonzaga University School of Law Pro Bono Distinction
- University of North DakotaBachelor of Arts degree, Political Science, cum laude (2013)
- Gonzaga University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (2016)
Alaska State Courts
Colorado State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, District of Alaska
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington