Craig G. Russillo
Since 1997, Craig Russillo has been helping clients resolve complex commercial disputes, particularly with respect to borrowing, lending and real estate. Craig works extensively with lenders and creditors in judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, representing their interests in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. He also has significant experience with real property disputes, including complex title issues, landlord/tenant disputes and construction matters.
An experienced litigator and trial lawyer, Craig is known for his skill in efficiently identifying, evaluating and resolving all types of business and commercial disputes. He understands that for clients, every legal decision is also a business decision, and strives to provide both outstanding legal representation and attentive, diligent service.
Craig also heads Schwabe’s team representing clients in the burgeoning field of unmanned aerial vehicles (aka “drones”). Craig is a frequent speaker to industry clients and trade groups regarding the current state and federal regulations applicable to the commercial use of drones, and represents clients before the Federal Aviation Administration seeking authority for the commercial use of drones. Craig is a member of the Association of Unmanned Vehicles International, the leading trade organization for the drone industry.
- Defended an international cement manufacturer as lead counsel in federal court claims by a concrete supplier that cement was defective.
- Represented Oregon’s largest community bank in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, seeking to recover a large deficiency balance.
- Used the fast-track eviction process to help a large commercial landlord recover possession of property in breach of lease matter.
- Represented a large national lender in a large, complex loan workout with the borrower and numerous guarantors.
Resources & Ideas
- Drone privacy questions defy easy answers, attorney saysCapital Press, April 27, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- May 8, 2019
- May 8, 2019
- March 23, 2017
- 2016 Technology Law UpdatesOregon State Bar Center, 16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd, Tigard, OR, October 14, 2016
American Diabetes Association Community Leadership Board, 8 years
- California State University FresnoBachelor of Science degree, Criminology (1994)
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree, cum laude (1997)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- Cycling Bend’s outstanding road, mountain and cyclocross bike trails—often with clients over lunch.
Ideas Fuel Industries
Drones: An Emerging Tool for Agriculture
Drone privacy questions defy easy answers, attorney says