Emily S. B. Fullerton
Emily Fullerton serves clients ranging from individuals to international corporations across multiple industries. Emily focuses her practice on all manner of litigation, with experience representing her client’s interests in matters including contract, employment, and insurance disputes, and even civil stalking orders. In law school, Emily gained practical experience in both federal and state courts. She clerked for the Honorable Marco Hernandez at the United States District Court of Oregon, drafting legal opinions on matters ranging from selective prosecution claims to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Emily also served as a clerk at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Portland, where she researched and drafted legal memoranda on topics including constructive possession and conspiracy, and negotiated pleas on behalf of the government for the Central Violations Bureau misdemeanor docket. At the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, Emily joined the Misdemeanor Unit as a Certified Law Student, and appeared in court daily for plea negotiations, probation violations and contested restitution hearings.
Before law school, Emily had many diverse career experiences, including working as a production artist and apparel graphic designer at companies including Nike; as an instructor of apparel graphics, public relations, and brand strategy at the Art Institute of Portland; and many years in the food and beverage industry, with roles ranging from Bar Manager and Brand Ambassador to the Oregon Market Manager for Pernod Ricard’s portfolio of spirits.
Emily’s experience allows her to view complex matters from a unique perspective.
- Researches and drafts legal memoranda and opinions, including motions for discovery, summary judgments, and court filings.
- Represented a local general contractor in a contract dispute with an international corporation, obtaining a favorable outcome prior to trial.
- Regularly drafts and advises on employment contracts and separation agreements for employers across multiple industries.
- Audits and drafts employee handbooks, ensuring employer compliance with state and federal laws across multiple industries.
Represented local construction company in dispute with general contractor, matter proceeded to trial and client was awarded all relief requested and fees from opposing party.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS), Queen’s Bench Chapter
- Oregon State Bar’s Quality of Life Committee
- Multnomah Bar Association
- City Club of Portland
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Mock Trial Honor Board (2017-2018)
- Andrea Swanner-Redding Scholarship Recipient (2017)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Mock Trial Regional Team Member (2017)
- Professor Doug Newell Scholarship Recipient (2017)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Best Oral Advocate, Mock Trial (2016)
Resources & Ideas
- October 9, 2019
- HR SimpleFebruary 12, 2019
- February 7, 2019
- American Bar AssociationDecember 19, 2017
- Oregon Women Lawyers' Advance SheetSummer 2016
- Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni Association
- Lewis & Clark Law School, mentor to new law students (2016-present)
- OWLS Queen’s Bench Chapter, Law Student Liaison (2015-2016)
- Oregon Bartender’s Guild, Director of Administration (2012-2013)
Co-Captain of Schwabe’s Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger/Oregon Food Bank fundraising efforts (2019)
Lewis and Clark Law School Mock Trial Judge (2019)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2018); Certificate in Criminal Law and Procedure
- Art Institute of PortlandBachelor of Science degree, Graphic Design (2004)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Complex legal issue? Complex board game? I welcome the challenge!