Erin Forbes works closely with her clients to protect their intellectual property and innovations. Her experience encompasses a broad spectrum of technologies, including small molecule and biologic drug products, biomedical devices, and surgical devices. She litigates all aspects of patent disputes, from pre-suit investigation to trial and appeal.
Prior to law school, Erin worked for the Knight Cancer Institute at Oregon Health & Science University, where she coordinated clinical trials, led a team of research assistants, collaborated with clinicians on a genetic tumor registry studying DNA mutations in cancer patients, and paired patients with clinical trials using novel drugs. She also worked for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, where she was a laboratory assistant in the pharmacokinetics lab for the Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group.
- Experienced in Hatch-Waxman Act issues, with over five years of experience representing generic drug companies in patent litigations, including acting as trial counsel.
- Navigates fact and expert discovery, including document review, drafting and responding to written discovery, drafting expert reports, and taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions.
- Drafts briefs and prepares for and participates in Markman, summary judgment and Daubert hearings.
Memberships & Awards
- Chicago Bar Association, Member (2013-2018)
Resources & Ideas
- Bloomberg LawJanuary 30, 2019
- Law360January 30, 2019
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of TechnologyJuris Doctor degree (2013)
- The University of GeorgiaBachelor of Science degree, Biology (2002)
- Illinois State Courts
- Oregon State Courts (application pending)
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Outside The Office
- In search of the world's best oysters!