James F. Dulcich
Jim Dulcich is an experienced transactional attorney who represents clients on a wide variety of real estate and business transactions. Recently, Jim has focused on assisting clients with commercial leasing transactions and purchases and sales of real properties. Jim also counsels a number of business owners on various legal issues.
As a native Oregonian and active community volunteer, Jim is well-connected to Portland’s business and real estate communities. He prides himself on going the extra mile to help clients pursue their goals efficiently and expeditiously.
- Negotiated and drafted (i) agreements for a ground lease and subsequent purchase of a one-half block of land in the Pearl District in Northwest Portland, (ii) crane swing and tieback easement agreements with neighboring property owners needed for the construction of a nine-story office building, and (iii) office and retail leases with the tenants of the Pearl West Building, completed in the spring of 2016.
- Negotiated on behalf of a Portland developer for (i) a ground lease for a three-quarter block parcel in downtown Portland on which the client is constructing a 19-story office/hotel, and (ii) an agreement for the purchase of 68,000 square feet of FAR (floor area ratio) that will allow the client to construct a larger building on that site.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a 122,000 square foot medical office building in Springfield, Oregon.
- Assisted a client with its sale of a mini-storage facility in Southwest Portland.
- Represented a local cold storage company in connection with (i) the sale of commercial property in Northeast Portland and an industrial property in Forest Grove, Oregon, and (ii) the purchase of land from the State of Oregon near Salem, Oregon.
- Represented tenants in connection with (i) the lease of office space in the Pacific First Center Building in downtown Portland, (ii) the lease of office space in the Lincoln Tower in Southwest Portland, and (iii) the lease of office space in the Columbia Tech Center in Vancouver, Washington.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Real Estate Law
- Awarded a peer review rating of “AV Preeminent” (the highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell
Resources & Ideas
- The OregonianThe Oregonian, June 1, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- August 19, 2016
- October 17, 2013
- Waverley Country Club, President (2013-2014), Director (2011-2014)
- NAIOP, Oregon Chapter, Board Member (2006-2012)
- Oregon Symphony Association, Secretary (2005-2013), Director (2001-2013)
- University of Oregon, Member of the UO Portland Council; Past President of the Oregon Club of Portland; Former Vice President of the UO Alumni Association)
- University of OregonBachelor of Science degree in Finance, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa (1977)
- University of Virginia School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1982)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Outside The Office
- College sports, golf, and family vacations in Akumal, Mexico.