Jayme Mori works collaboratively with manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of all sizes to navigate every phase of litigation. Jayme’s Seattle roots give her a deep understanding of the businesses that shape the Pacific Northwest economy. She is a thoughtful, intentional, and thorough advocate for her clients.
Prior to joining Schwabe’s litigation team, Jayme worked at a regional firm in Seattle where she advised and represented clients in a variety of complex insurance coverage and personal injury matters in state and federal court. Jayme also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable James C. Egan at the Oregon Court of Appeals. Her experience allows her to evaluate matters at all stages of litigation and to advocate effectively for her clients.
- Advised insurance carriers on coverage matters arising out of professional liability, commercial general liability, errors and omissions, marine cargo, and property and homeowners’ insurance policies.
- Defended an excess insurance carrier against a breach of contract claim arising out of pollution.
- Defended a rideshare company against personal injury claims in multiple cases.
- Protected the interests of a distributor of exercise equipment against personal injury claims.
- Achieved cost-effective resolution of an insurance coverage dispute for an insurance carrier arising from coverage under a marine cargo policy.
- Served as pro bono counsel for the return of a child under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Memberships & Awards
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, Board Member (2019-present)
- Willamette Law Alumni in Washington, Co-chair (2018-present)
- Washington State Bar Association, Member (2016-present)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Generational Differences and How They Impact the Workplace
Presentation to a corporate law department
November 1, 2019
- King County Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Volunteer (2019-present)
- Willamette University College of LawJuris Doctor degree (2015)
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree, English Literature (2010)
Washington State Courts
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit