D. Jean Shaw
Jean Shaw works with clients to reach prompt and practical solutions to fit their real estate and business objectives. She has extensive experience assisting clients in addressing various real estate needs. Her work encompasses real estate development, financing, acquisition, due diligence, asset management, facilities management, construction, commercial property leasing, and general company contracts.
Jean has represented national companies in commercial real estate purchases and leasing transactions and has directly handled the negotiation and close of hundreds of complex real estate development transactions nationwide. She has also represented lenders in documenting and closing multimillion-dollar commercial property development financing transactions. She has organized and overseen real estate related due diligence for successful multimillion-dollar corporate financings with hundreds of collateral properties.
Before joining Schwabe, Jean was with a prominent law firm in Vancouver, Washington, and previously was the Assistant General Counsel of Real Estate for Knowledge Universe Education.
- Negotiated and drafted real estate development, acquisition, and disposition transaction documents.
- Managed and conducted real estate related due diligence for sock and asset acquisitions, and commercial development projects from inception through construction.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial real estate lease transaction documents.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial real estate financing documents.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Lifetime Service Award (2020)
Resources & Ideas
- May 25, 2022
- Humane Society of Southwest Washington, Board Member (1991-2006, 2010-2022), Planned Giving Committee Chair (2013-2022), Annual Auction and Dinner Co-Chair (2012-2021)
- Gonzaga University School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1975)
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree, Education and Far Eastern & Russian History (1970)
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Jean enjoys traveling, walking, reading, and playing with her animals.