Jennifer Campbell is the founding and immediate past Industry Group Leader of Schwabe’s Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail group. Jennifer is committed to learning her clients’ businesses and industries to understand and appreciate legal issues from their perspective. This allows her to deliver tailored, client-focused advice and creative litigation strategies that help her clients solve problems.
Jennifer is a skilled litigator who serves clients in both Washington and Oregon. She defends clients in product liability, personal injury, toxic torts, and general commercial litigation matters. She has defended product, pharmaceutical, and food manufacturers in product liability lawsuits; premises owners in personal injury lawsuits; and businesses in contractual and shareholder disputes. Jennifer has effectively and successfully defended clients in state and federal courts at all stages of litigation, including trials and arbitrations. She has handled appeals in Washington’s Courts of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Served as Industry Group Leader for the Manufacturing, Distribution & Retail industry group from 2015 until 2020.
- Defended an environmental testing laboratory in post-acquisition litigation with the seller in breach of contract ease.
- Defended a global pharmaceutical manufacturer against product defect claims based upon novel “innovator liability” theory; selected to serve on trial team.
- Served as regional counsel in Washington, Oregon and Alaska for several pharmaceutical manufacturers working collaboratively with a national team of in-house and outside counsel.
- Represented Fortune 500 food manufacturers in product liability, Uniform Commercial Code, and breach of contract claims.
- Represented manufacturers and lessors of heavy equipment and trucks in product liability, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, and asbestos claims.
- Defended national retailers at trial in premises and product liability cases in state and federal court.
Memberships & Awards
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, President (2016-2017), President-Elect (2015-2016), Treasurer (2014-2015), Secretary (2013-2014), Trustee (2007-2013; 2017-Present)
- Defense Research Institute, Co-Chair of Publications, Product Liability Committee
- Defense Research Institute, State Representative (2017-Present)
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington Super Lawyers, Personal Injury - Products Defense (2011-2020)
- Washington Super Lawyers, Top 100 Attorneys (2014-2017, 2019-2020)
- Washington Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Attorneys (2012-2020)
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Commercial Litigation (2016-2021)
Resources & Ideas
- November 4, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- July 16, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- 15 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to the 2019 Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsSuper LawyersJune 11, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- The TimesMarch 17, 2019
- Oregon BusinessNovember 8, 2018
- Business TribuneOctober 11, 2018
- Oregon BusinessOctober 10, 2018
- The ColumbianOctober 3, 2018
- The ColumbianOctober 1, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- 17 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List in 2018Super LawyersJune 21, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
- Seattle Met, December 1, 2016
- August 19, 2016
- 14 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 16, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- June 5, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- February 22, 2018
Presenter, "Food Liability and Legal Trends" (July 2017)
Presenter, “Achieving Your Client’s Settlement Objectives” (March 2016)
Presenter, “Washington Case Law Update” (July 2015)
Presenter, “Recent Developments in Product Liability Law” (July 2014)
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2013)
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2012)
Presenter, “Annual Tort Law Update” (December 2011)
- August 7, 2020
- Seattle Business MagazineJuly 2019
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension PartnershipMarch 26, 2019
- February 16, 2017
- King County Mandatory Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- YouthCare, Volunteer
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission, Volunteer
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, summa cum laude (2001)
- University of MichiganBachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (1995)
Washington State Courts
Oregon State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court, Western District of Washington
Outside The Office
- The only mile I regret is the one I didn’t run.