Jessica Hill strives to provide her clients with solution-oriented strategies and delivers a personal approach to litigation. She works closely with businesses across a variety of civil disputes, including commercial actions, product liability actions, landlord/tenant disputes, personal injury, wrongful death, and employment suits. She endeavors to learn the characteristics of her business clients to best represent their interests in state and federal courts.
Jessica has worked cases up to trial, represented clients in depositions and arbitrations, argued dispositive motions, and successfully negotiated positive outcomes for her clients. Her time as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael J. Simon with the United States District Court of Oregon gives Jessica a unique lens to determine the persuasiveness of various advocacy strategies.
- Defends clients before BOLI/EEOC
- Argues various dispositive and non-dispositive motions before the court.
- Represented a construction client up to trial in a Bitcoin data mining matter.
- Prepared draft opinions and bench memoranda as a judicial extern to the Honorable Michael J. Simon of the United States District Court of Oregon.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC), Products Liability Vice Chair (2017-current)
- Paul H. Casey Scholarship for Business Law, Recipient (2014)
- Classroom Law Project, Volunteer Mock Trial Coach and Judge (2016-2017)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Mentor Program, Mentor (2017-current)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, Cum Laude (2016)
- University of Nevada RenoBachelor of Arts degree, Criminal Justice & Psychology, Magna Cum Laude (2013)
Oregon State and Federal Courts
Outside The Office
- Exploring the Pacific Northwest, and occasionally bungee-jumping in foreign countries.