John D. Guinasso
John Guinasso represents real estate owners, managers and tenants. Drawing on three decades of experience, he provides fast and reliable advice in office, retail and industrial transactions. John concentrates his practice in commercial leasing, where he represents landlords, tenants, asset managers and property managers on a daily basis. He has handled hundreds of leases of space in shopping centers, Class A office towers, medical office buildings, and suburban campus settings, as well as ground leases and build-to-suit leases.
When efficiency counts
Understanding that time is money in the real estate industry, John has created systems that streamline document review and creation for his clients. He participates in direct negotiations with skill and attention to detail, but always in a relaxed manner with a sense of humor.
A recognized authority
John has written and spoken on numerous real estate topics. He is a frequent presenter to industry and legal groups including the Commercial Association of Realtors, the Oregon State Bar, Law Seminars International, CLE International and the Board of Realtors, as well as private organizations.
"John Guinasso is the finest real estate attorney I have worked with in my 30+ years in the business. He combines an acute understanding of the technical aspects of the law with a wealth of experience in the real world and a wonderful, business focused approach to achieving outcomes. Always the consummate professional, John has an ability to very quickly navigate through peripheral distractions and get to the heart of the matter."
-Rock Asset Management
- Represents several companies that own and lease Portland Central Business District Class A Towers.
- Represents one of the world’s largest banks in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland Central Business District office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and then handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
Memberships & Awards
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2016-2021)
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2022)
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Real Estate Law (2006-2023)
Resources & Ideas
- Nine practice areas and 24 lawyers chosen for distinctionJune 2, 2022
- Nine practice areas and 23 attorneys chosen for distinctionMay 20, 2021
- Seven practice areas and 16 attorneys singled out for excellence.April 30, 2020
- April 26, 2019
- May 14, 2018
- Six practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
- October 6, 2020
- Oregon Legislature Extends Eviction Ban Until September 30, 2020, and Adds Six-Month Payment Grace PeriodJune 30, 2020
- May 27, 2016
- Lewis & Clark CollegeBachelor of Arts degree (1979)
- Stanford Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif (1983)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- John can regularly be found at the gym or here in his wine cellar.