Jon Zunkel-deCoursey is available to represent clients in all stages of litigation, from trial through appeals. Before joining Schwabe, he clerked for two years for Judge Rex Armstrong at the Oregon Court of Appeals, drafting opinions in civil, administrative and criminal cases.
During law school, he worked in the Appellate Division at the Oregon Department of Justice, where he wrote briefs and argued cases in the Oregon Court of Appeals. He also served as the Managing Editor for Environmental Law, the nation’s oldest journal dedicated to environmental law scholarship.
Before law school, Jon worked in group homes for adults with developmental disabilities. He has lived in Northern Ireland, the Dominican Republic and rural southern Oregon.
- Argued four cases in the Oregon Court of Appeals as a certified law student.
Memberships & Awards
- New York City Bar Appellate Moot Court Competition, First Place, Regional Round
- Voz, Workers’ Rights Education Project, Volunteer for Wage Theft Recovery (2013-2014)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, summa cum laude (2016)
- Juniata CollegePeace Studies and Math, magna cum laude (2007)
Oregon State Bar