Katie Kelly has experience representing clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including torts, contract disputes, federal investigations and arbitration proceedings.
Before joining Schwabe, Katie was a litigator in the Los Angeles office of Jones Day. There she was involved in various aspects of litigation, including briefing and motions practice, offensive and defensive discovery, framing legal issues and witness preparation. She also gained experience in white-collar criminal defense.
Before attending law school, Katie interned for Senator Ron Wyden in Washington D.C. She also worked as a law clerk at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in a False Claims Act case.
- Obtained asylum for two unaccompanied minors from Mexico in pro bono representation.
Memberships & Awards
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (2014-2016)
Resources & Ideas
- University of California at Los Angeles School of LawJuris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif (2014)
- University of Southern CaliforniaBachelor of Arts degree, International Relations, Magna Cum Laude (2009)
California State Courts
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Loves travel and is always planning her next adventure.