Kathy J. Severns
Kathy Severns assists clients in the maritime, retail, food and beverage industries.
Kathy has over 30 years of experience supporting all aspects of litigation, from inception through trial, mediation and arbitration. She works closely with vessel owners, fisheries, insurance companies, restaurants, retail owners and department stores.
Kathy assists in case management, hiring experts, investigation, witness preparation, discovery, document review, and management and coordination of arbitrations, mediations, and trials. She provides product liability, personal injury, maritime, premises liability, medical/dental malpractice, asbestos and general litigation support.
In addition to her litigation work, Kathy helps clients in matters before the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board, including coordinating and obtaining liquor licenses.
- Assists in trials for large fishing and processing companies, which has resulted in significantly reduced liability verdicts or defense verdicts.
- Assists in trials for large retail companies, which has resulted in defense verdicts.
- Assists major restaurant chains with obtaining liquor licenses in Washington State.
- Homeowners’ Association, Board of Directors
- Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Charitable Giving Committee, Past Member (2013 – 2015)
- Northwest Nazarene CollegeAssociate of Arts degree
Outside The Office
- I view my work much in the way that I view gardening: what you plant now, you harvest later!