Kurt F. Hansen
Kurt Hansen represents physicians, hospitals and other providers in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. He also represents providers in regulatory compliance matters and licensure matters.
- Handled multiple hospital mergers, including the acquisition of public district hospitals.
- Represented over 1,600 dentists and physicians in licensure matters.
- Represented many physician practices in acquisitions and combinations.
- Represented many physicians joining practices.
- Represented multispecialty practices in regulatory and billing compliance.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar, Legal Ethics Committee (2006-2011), Chair (2010)
- U.S. Navy, Legion of Merit
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Health Care Law (2010-2020)
- Emanuel Medical Center Foundation, 1909 Society Community Spirit award (2013)
Resources & Ideas
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- August 19, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Case Law and Opinion Updates on Legal Ethics and MalpracticeJanuary 25, 2019
- Ethics Hour: Identifying and Resolving Conflicts of InterestSeptember 28, 2018
- Complex, Cutting Edge Ethics Issues (and How to Deal with Them)Ethics hour: Legal ethics tips for every lawyerMarch 16, 2018
- Portland, Oregon, April 7, 2016
- U.S. Navy, Lieutenant; retired as Captain; mobilized twice in the Iraq War including deployment as Commander Task Group 55.5
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Foundation Board, Immediate Past Chair
- University of Oregon Law School, Dean’s Advisory Council
- University of Oregon Law School, Alumni Board
- University of Oregon Law School, Adjunct Professor (1995-2001)
- Oregon State UniversityBachelor of Science, Forestry and Naval Science (1975)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1984)
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States District Court, Western District of Washington