Margaret Hoffmann works primarily in the drug and medical device arena, assisting pharmaceutical companies in mass tort litigation as well as lawsuits filed within the state of Oregon. With 33 years of litigation experience, she understands the workings of prescription drugs and medical devices and how they are researched, developed, tested, FDA approved, marketed and distributed.
Margaret also works with various non-profit and religious entities when they are accused of having volunteers or members act inappropriately with minors. Margaret worked with the Archdiocese of Portland in resolving more than 150 claims during its bankruptcy.
Memberships & Awards
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member (2001-2011)
- Defense Research Institute, Drug & Medical Device Division, Member (1991-2010)
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Personal Injury – Products (2016)
Resources & Ideas
- August 15, 2017
- Designation honors attorneys in the top 5 percent of their legal fieldJuly 10, 2017
- August 19, 2016
- August 1, 2016
- International Carpe Diem Foundation, Board Member (2012-2013)
- International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy, Member (2006)
- California State University, Long BeachBachelor of Arts degree, Social Welfare (1975)
- Southwestern University School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1983)
California State Bar
Oregon State Bar
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
United States District Court, Southern District of California
United States District Court, District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Outside The Office
- Travel is my passion.