Mark A. Manulik
Over the course of his career, Mark Manulik has represented developers, owners, investors and lenders with respect to virtually every aspect of commercial real estate practice. His experience includes acquisitions and dispositions of improved and unimproved property; development of office, retail, residential and mixed use projects; subdivision formation and development; mortgage lending; loan workouts; condominium formation; office, industrial and retail leasing; foreclosure advice; and conservation projects. The common thread in Mark’s approach to every transaction is his commitment to seek a pragmatic solution that meets each client’s objectives efficiently.
- Served as national real estate counsel to four cinema circuits over the last 25 years.
- Represented an Oregon port in the acquisition, siting, development and financing of a liquefied natural gas terminal and container facility.
- Represented a lead bank with respect to the workout and consolidation of loans from multiple lenders to a privately held wood products company.
- Assisted with the financing, construction, development and leasing of new and rehabilitated office buildings in Oregon and Washington.
- Handled the formation of retail/office, residential/retail, hotel/office and hotel condominiums in Oregon.
- Represented a privately held lender in connection with the foreclosure and redevelopment of a Central Oregon resort.
- Handled the acquisition and redevelopment of a water park in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Served as counsel for the management, redevelopment and disposition of industrial holdings on the north and south shores of the Columbia River.
- Represented an Oregon port authority in the siting and development of a gas-fired generating plant and methanol plant.
- Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition and development of polluted riverfront industrial property pursuant to a Prospective Purchaser Agreement with the Department of Environmental Quality.
Memberships & Awards
- Joint Editorial Board for Uniform Real Property Acts (NCCUSL)
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Past President and Regent
- American College of Real Estate Attorneys
- Oregon State Bar, Real Estate Section, Mortgage Lending Opinion Committee
- Washington State Bar, Real Estate Section
- Oregon Mortgage Bankers Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2018-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Real Estate Law (2009-2020)
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2015-2019)
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year award, Real Estate (2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, rated AV Preeminent, Judicial Edition
- Who’s Who in International Real Estate
Resources & Ideas
- August 15, 2019
- Super LawyersJuly 5, 2019
- The OregonianJune 20, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- 33 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Oregon Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List in 2018Super LawyersJuly 24, 2018
- The OregonianThe Oregonian, June 1, 2018
- May 14, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- Designation honors attorneys in the top 5 percent of their legal fieldJuly 10, 2017
- Six practice areas and 20 attorneys singled out for excellenceJune 5, 2017
- August 19, 2016
- August 1, 2016
- October 28, 2011
- May 20, 2010
“Chapter 3: Rights of First Refusal and Options to Purchase Real Property,” Oregon State Bar Real Estate Handbook (2015).
“Chapter 3: Easements,” Principles of Oregon Real Estate Law, Oregon State Bar (2015).
Co-author, “Chapter 14: Lawyers’ Opinions in Oregon Real Estate Transactions,” Documentation of Real Estate Transactions (2016).
- Ainsworth Foundation, Co-founder, Past President, Director
- Portland Youth Philharmonic Association, Past President
- YMCA Sacajawea Nation, Past Director
- Loaves and Fishes, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Lincoln Foundation, Fundraising
- Community Transitional School, Fundraising Coordinator
- The Trust for Public Land, Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney
- The Nature Conservancy, Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney
- East County Legal Clinic, Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney
- New Avenues for Youth, Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney
- Youth soccer, baseball and basketball coach
- Columbia Edgewater Country Club, Board of Directors
- University of Houston Law CenterJuris Doctor degree (1978)
- University of TexasBachelor of Arts degree (1975)
Oregon State Courts
Texas State Courts (inactive status)
Washington State Courts