Rachel Mazur brings an impressive background in land use and development projects in the greater Seattle area. She helps real estate and development clients resolve problems and move ahead with projects. Rachel is a natural problem solver whose exceptional attention to detail and wide range of experience make her a trusted advocate for her clients.
Prior to coming to Schwabe, Rachel worked for a boutique firm in Seattle where she focused on land use and real estate issues for developers in the greater Seattle area.
- Composed due diligence zoning memoranda for properties and future development projects in the greater Seattle area.
- Prepared Motions to Dismiss and Response Briefs for appeals before the Seattle Hearing Examiner, Growth Management Hearings Board, and King and Pierce County Superior Courts.
- Drafted letters to the Seattle Planning Commission and the Department of Construction & Inspections in support of comprehensive plan amendments, requests for zoning interpretations, and corresponding public records disclosures.
- Engaged in policy development and advocacy for zoning issues in New York City, including large-scale developments, parkland alienation, “supertall” towers, charter reforms, and neighborhood rezones.
Memberships & Awards
- Urban Land Institute Member (2021-present)
- NAIOP Member
- Tulane University Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (2018)
- Barnard College of Columbia UniversityBachelor of Arts degree, Political Science (2014)
Washington State Courts
New York State Courts