Michael C. Robinson
“Most of my clients are driven by pride in their products, in giving families great places to live, and in contributing to the economic health of their communities. In my own work, I try to reflect their commitment and high standards.” One of the top land-use lawyers in Oregon, Mike Robinson describes his practice in straightforward terms: “I am driven by a desire to help build great communities.”
Mike Robinson represents home builders, hospitals, office developers and municipalities. Whether the project involves single-family homes, schools, manufacturing facilities, shopping centers or infrastructure improvements, Mike helps his clients clarify their goals, align their interests with other stakeholders, and pursue the most efficient path through zoning, permitting, entitlement and approval. Mike also works closely with Schwabe’s real estate finance and transactions, natural resources, and business and corporate attorneys to ensure that clients receive end-to-end counsel no matter the direction their projects take them or the issues that arise on their way to success.
With decades of experience working across Oregon on all types of land-use matters, Mike has the technical knowledge and agency experience required to move client projects from start to finish, quickly. Equally important, Mike has developed collegial and respectful relationships with real estate and construction industry leaders and investors, and with regulators and elected and appointed officials at every level of state and local government. He provides timely, accurate and high-quality counsel to clients, works cooperatively with agencies and individual decision makers to obtain approvals and influence regulations, and offers a calm, clear-eyed perspective in public meetings and hearings.
Mike also works closely with Schwabe’s real estate finance and transactions, natural resources, and business and corporate attorneys to ensure that clients receive end-to-end counsel no matter the direction their projects take them or the issues that arise on their way to success.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon State Bar Association, Past Member, Executive Committee Member, Real Estate and Land Use Section
- American Institute of Certified Planners and American Planning Association
- Oregon State Bar Association, Land Use Legislative Subcommittee, Past Member (two legislative sessions)
- Best Lawyers in America, Land Use & Zoning Law; Litigation - Land Use & Zoning (2006-present)
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers (2006-2017)
- Best Lawyers in America, Portland Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year (2014, 2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell, Peer-Review Rated AV
- Oregon Law and Politics, Oregon Super Lawyers (2007-present)
- Portland's Best Lawyers (2006-2010)
- Portland Monthly, Top 150 Lawyers (2007-2010)
Resources & Ideas
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree (1988), cum laude
- University of OklahomaBachelor of Arts degree (1977)
- University of OklahomaMaster of Regional and City Planning degree (1979)
Oregon State Courts