Michelle Baird-Johnson directs the firm-wide acquisition of lawyer talent in conjunction with the firm’s strategic plan, from law students to practicing attorneys. She also leads the integration activities for lateral attorneys, including orientation topics and assignment into the firm’s mentoring and developmental advisory programs.
Michelle has been involved in legal recruiting since 1999, and works directly with the firm’s Chief Executive Officer and other firm leadership to help identify talent growth needs and opportunities. She manages the recruitment and integration of lateral attorneys from the beginning, and works with them to ensure a smooth transition to the firm. She also oversees the firm’s Summer Associate Program, including the 1L Diversity Fellowship Program.
- Over 20 years of experience in legal recruiting.
- Has mentored and coached associate attorneys in their career development.
- Developed and administered numerous Summer Associate Programs.
- Worked as a Bankruptcy Paralegal before transitioning to a recruiting role.
Memberships & Awards
SHRM, Member (2017-present)
Professional Development Consortium, Member (2010-present), Annual Conference Planning Committee (2018)
National Association for Law Placement (NALP), Member (1999-present), Regional Coordinator (2005)
Oregon Legal Recruiting Association, Member (1999-present), President (2001-2004, 2014)
- Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon, Board Member (1999-present), Board Secretary (2016-present)
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) (2017)
- University of UtahBachelor of Science degree, Behavioral and Social Sciences
Outside The Office
- Hiking in southern Utah