Nathan Sramek helps his clients navigate the uncertainty of litigation from start to finish. He has represented clients ranging from individuals and local firms to government bodies and national businesses at trial and on appeal in state and federal court. Nathan recognizes that every dispute is as unique as the parties involved, and he leverages his experience litigating a wide variety of disputes to reach a result that reflects his client’s goals.
In addition to his experience at Schwabe, Nathan served as an Assistant County Attorney, representing Multnomah County in civil litigation stemming from torts, contract disputes, and constitutional claims, and advising on risk associated with County policies and procedures.
- Obtained a favorable defense verdict as lead counsel in a week-long jury trial in which the plaintiff alleged assault and battery claims against law enforcement officers.
- Represented the Multnomah County Sheriff in appeals challenging the denial of concealed-handgun permits in Multnomah County Circuit Court and the Oregon Court of Appeals.
- Defended a large regional retailer in high-value personal injury litigation arising out of injuries allegedly sustained on premises.
- Secured dismissal of an equitable claim for contribution of environmental cleanup costs under the terms of a lease agreement.
- Assisted in the successful defense of a technology start-up against fraud and breach-of-contract claims in a four-day jury trial.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Owen Panner American Inn of Court, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Service to the Public Committee, Member
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2012)
- Portland State UniversityBachelor of Arts degree (2009)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Courts, District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Outside The Office
- Testing my legs along quiet roads.