Rebecca A. Boyette
Rebecca Boyette helps clients in the healthcare and manufacturing and distribution industries navigate the bumpy road of employment law. She advises on day-to-day issues such as employee handbooks, leave laws, discipline and terminations. When necessary, Rebecca defends clients in court and before state and federal agencies in claims involving discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, family and medical leave, and disabilities. She works with employers of all sizes, from local businesses with a handful of employees to large national companies with hundreds of employees across multiple states.
Rebecca is a responsive, friendly and efficient practitioner who works collaboratively with clients to find workable solutions to employment issues. Whether crafting employment policies for a small dental practice, advising a large food distribution company on complex employee leave laws or zealously defending a surgical practice in a whistleblower lawsuit, Rebecca will customize her approach to reach clients’ goals and respect their budgets.
- Achieved dismissal of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaints against a hospital alleging discrimination and retaliation.
- Represented a senior home-care services company in arbitration to enforce a no-hire agreement.
- Achieved early settlement of a sex discrimination claim against a manufacturer of masonry products.
- Presented employment risk management training to dental associations throughout Oregon.
- Defended a national manufacturer of agricultural products in a disability discrimination lawsuit and achieved a favorable settlement.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Member
- Best Lawyers in America Award: Ones to Watch - Labor and Employment Law - Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment (2021)
- Oregon Rising Stars List, Employment & Labor (2019)
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- October 16, 2019
- Oregon Dairy Farmers AssociationSalem Convention Center: 200 Commercial St SE, Salem, OR 97301, February 20 - 21, 2017
- Northwest Food Processors AssociationSchwabe, Williamson & Wyatt 1211 SW 5th Ave Suite 1900 Portland, OR 97204, February 16, 2017
- 1211 SW 5th Ave., Suite 1900, Portland, OR, 97206, January 27, 2017
- Portland, Oregon, April 7, 2016
OASCA Annual Conference: Updates in Employment Law
Ambridge Event Center - Portland, OR
August 11-12, 2016
- April 3, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- March 10, 2017
- March 7, 2016
- Employers Beware—Reserving Light Duty for On-The-Job Injuries May Violate the Pregnancy Discrimination ActApril 16, 2015
- Dental Foundation of Oregon, Board Member
- East County Legal Services Pro Bono Clinic, Volunteer Attorney
- Portland Symphonic Choir, Singer
- Alliance Française de Portland, Member
- University of Washington School of LawJuris Doctor, Order of the Coif (2013)
- University of Puget SoundBachelor of Arts degree, French & History, Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude (2009)
- Université de BourgogneFrench Language and Culture Certificate
- Université de NantesLaw Study Abroad
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Cooking, traveling, singing in choir and taking in the beauty of the Oregon coast with my husband and our adorable dog, Luna.