Ryan W. Dumm
Ryan Dumm helps commercial, civil and residential construction companies assess risk, negotiate transactions and resolve disputes. His experience spans public and private work, alternative contractual arrangements such as general contractor/construction manager projects, lien law, bonding, construction insurance, scheduling, indemnity and bid challenges, among other areas.
In the maritime industry, Ryan helps seafood operators and commercial carriers handle the risks associated with work at sea, including claims for punitive damages, Jones Act negligence, unseaworthiness and assessments of maintenance and cure.
Before joining the bar, Ryan served as District Representative to former Congressman Norm Dicks. His legislative and outreach efforts focused on federal appropriations, infrastructure, national defense, and public lands.
- Litigated a multi-million dollar public works construction dispute to recover general contractor’s damages for breach of contract and breach of warranty.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended commercial and residential lien claims arising from payment disputes.
- Negotiated and drafted construction, design and management contracts for general contractors, subcontractors, developers and public institutions.
- Resolved contractor registration disputes with the Department of Labor and Industries.
- Helped contractors prepare, submit and resolve claims for breach of implied warranty of design, scope disputes, delay damages, changed conditions and other claims.
- Successfully reversed improper procurement decisions before the Government Accountability Office.
Memberships & Awards
- Associated General Contractors, Member
- Marine Insurance Association of Seattle, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
Washington Rising Stars List, Construction Litigation (2017-2018)
Resources & Ideas
- 17 Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt Attorneys Named to Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List in 2018Super LawyersJune 21, 2018
- The News Tribune, October 2017
- 12 of Schwabe’s Washington attorneys recognized as being in the top 5 percent of their fieldJune 12, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- September 20, 2017
- Volunteer for Food Lifeline, a nonprofit food distribution center that provides surplus food to local programs and food banks.
- Active supporter of the Prison Pet Partnership Program. The program rescues and trains service dogs for persons with disabilities and operates a boarding and grooming facility at the Washington Corrections Center for Women.
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2013)
- University of Puget SoundBachelor of Arts degree, Politics and Government (2007)
Washington State Courts
United States District Court Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court Western District of Washington