Shawn advises local and national real estate and construction companies in all phases of litigation. Shawn has broad experience in cases involving negligence, fraud, complex contract disputes, condemnation, and insurance coverage.
Recognizing that litigation is just one part of a larger business strategy, Shawn works closely with his clients to develop pragmatic solutions to their immediate challenges while also being mindful of their long-term business goals.
Prior to practicing law, Shawn worked as a loan modification specialist during the Great Recession. He successfully modified over $20,000,000 of distressed residential real estate loans, thereby helping hundreds of customers keep their homes.
- Successfully resolved a variety of commercial lease disputes related to fee calculations, surrender conditions, dilapidations, holdover tenancy, and renewal rights.
- Negotiated rezone with city council to allow client to proceed with the development of a mixed-use project.
- Represents numerous entities and individuals in defending and enforcing their property rights.
Memberships & Awards
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington (2012-present)
Resources & Ideas
- Money Crashers, August 2017
- TechInsurance, August 8, 2017
- Money, July 14, 2017
- ABA Journal, July 2017
- University of WashingtonJuris Doctor degree
- Western Washington UniversityBachelor of Business Administration in Finance
Washington State Courts