Steve S. Ford
Steve Ford helps high-tech companies—from start-ups to the Fortune 500—protect their intellectual property assets throughout the United States and abroad. For more than 25 years, he has worked with clients on both IP litigation and prosecution, giving him a valuable big-picture perspective on IP issues.
Clients depend on Steve for domestic and international patent, trademark and copyright prosecution, non-infringement opinions, licensing and transfers, development and collaboration agreements, dispute resolution and litigation. He has successfully argued patent and copyright cases before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Schwabe, Steve was a founding partner with Stolowitz Ford Cowger LLP, the boutique intellectual property firm that merged with Schwabe in 2015. His technical experience includes a variety of electronics, computer science, Internet, telecommunications, automotive, electro-mechanical and other technologies.
Industry experience for effective problem solving
With six years of experience as an electrical design engineer at Texas Instruments, Steve has deep insight into the needs of his clients. He focuses on providing creative, high-level IP guidance with minimal impact on inventor and stakeholder time.
- Manage IP portfolios for high-tech companies in the areas of wireless communications, cloud computing, integrated circuit processing, computer architectures.
- Social media analytics and web applications for e-commerce companies.
- Cloud computing for customer relationship management.
- Nuclear waste remediation.
- Internet and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Telematics and autonomous precision vehicle guidance.
- Trademark, copyright, and design patent protection.
Memberships & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Patent Law (2016-2019)
Resources & Ideas
- Youth Progress Association, Board of Directors
- Willamette UniversityJuris Doctor
- University of Texas ArlingtonMasters of Science, Electrical Engineering
- Washington State UniversityBachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
Oregon State Courts
Washington State Courts
Federal Court of Appeals
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Outside The Office
- Fishing, golfing, biking and sailing.