Tina Scott is a construction and business lawyer who draws from her personal experience in the construction industry to serve construction, real estate, and business clients. With years of practice experience, Tina counsels general contractors, subcontractors, and other business owners to navigate a multitude of legal concerns.
Tina is adept at reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts and completing various other transactional matters. She knows Washington’s public construction contracting laws and advises her clients on regulations and matters relating to the Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises.
During law school, Tina served as a legal extern for a real estate brokerage where she worked on regulatory matters and drafted demand letters. She also co-founded a commercial subcontracting company and developed its internal processes including accounting, human resources, corporate governance, and marketing. Today the company employs over 100 people and is one of the largest commercial paint and wallcovering subcontractors in Washington state.
- Customized American Institute of Architects agreements and terms and condition documents for commercial contractors and subcontractors.
- Routinely negotiated and advised clients regarding unfavorable contract terms and conditions.
- Successfully directed an asset acquisition legal team to close a purchase of a business including finance, franchise, and real estate law.
- Negotiated purchase and sale and nondisclosure agreements to maximize a client’s goals.
- Researched and drafted public-work compliant subcontract agreements for clients in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska.
- Researched and applied Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises laws and regulations to clients’ risks.
- Successfully completed a Federal Disadvantaged Business application.
- Routinely researched statutory and regulatory matters and worked with executive clients to strategize business solutions.
Memberships & Awards
- Black Law Student Association (2015-2018)
- Labor and Employment Law Association, Executive Board Member (2017)
- King County Bar Association Scholarship Recipient (2015 & 2016)
Resources & Ideas
- Puget Sound Business JournalMarch 3, 2023
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Seminar GroupMarch 22, 2023
- Daily Journal of CommerceJanuary 13, 2023
- Washington Scholarship Foundation, Board Member
- Seattle University School of LawJuris Doctor degree (2018)
- University of WashingtonBachelor of Arts degree (2001)
Washington State Courts
Outside The Office
- I love lengthy dinners, music events, outdoor attractions, dance reels, tennis, and movie nights with my family.