Tom Payne works with clients on an array of employment, labor and benefits issues. Prior to joining Schwabe, he was a law clerk for Magistrate Judge John V. Acosta in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. Tom’s clerkship experience helps him advocate strategically and effectively for his clients.
Tom graduated from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2016. While in law school, he was an Executive Editor of the Lewis & Clark Law Review and a member of the Jessup International Law moot court team. Tom also clerked for the Special Litigation Unit of the Oregon Department of Justice. Before attending law school, Tom was an elementary special-education teacher in Arizona.
Memberships & Awards
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Membership Committee Member
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Cornelius Honor Society (2016)
Resources & Ideas
- October 25, 2017
- September 22, 2017
“Teaching Old Law New Tricks: Applying and Adapting State Responsibility to Cyber Operations,”
Lewis & Clark Law Review (2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Mentor
- Multnomah Bar Association Imprint Program, Mentor (2016)
- Wilson High School Constitution Team, Coach (2015-2016)
- Lewis & Clark Law SchoolJuris Doctor (2016)
- University of PortlandBachelor of Arts, Elementary Education (2011)
Oregon State Courts
Outside The Office
- Running, rock-climbing, cooking, and being outdoors with his family.