Walter H. Grebe
Walter Grebe is a retired shareholder who served as Schwabe’s Principal Executive Officer for eight years. He has counseled many businesses on corporate matters including financing, employment, transactions, governance, changes in control, confidentiality and transition planning.
- Closed a $100 million sale of a Northwest regional business.
- Formed and represented a regional wood products business, helping it grow from $5 million to $54 million in sales.
- Successfully arbitrated the assignment of a multi-million dollar distribution contract in the face of a “change of control” provision.
Memberships & Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Award for Professionalism
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
Resources & Ideas
- Northwest Business for Culture and Art Chair of “Leadership Portland,” President
- Oregon Health and Science University Foundation, Board Member and Treasurer
- Oregon Health and Science University Ethics in Health Care Sub-Committee, Member
- “Leadership Portland,” Chair
- Multnomah Bar Association, President
- Boy Scouts Investment Committee, Member
- Waverley Golf Club and Arlington Club, Past Board Member and Vice President
- Oregon State Parks Foundation, Past Board Member; served as Secretary and Treasurer
- University of Oregon Alumni Association, Past Board Member
- Mirabella, Board Member
- University of OregonBachelor of Science degree (1960)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor degree (1964)