How I represent clients and Schwabe
I take a personal interest in learning about our client’s unique needs as well as the industries in which they operate. When the need for litigation arises, I will work with clients to help develop a strategy that fits their goals.
My experience in complex litigation, product liability defense, and mass torts were honed as a summer associate at a national law firm in Minneapolis. I also developed a penchant for cutting-edge developments across many areas of law as the lead articles editor of the Minnesota Law Review.
I am also prepared to help defend our clients’ victories on appeal. I received recognition for my appellate-brief writing skills after authoring the best brief in the 2021 William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition, demonstrating my ability to clearly and persuasively advocate for my clients. During law school, I served as an extern for two summers for Judge David Stras of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Following graduation, I clerked for Chief Justice Lorie Gildea of the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Prepared memoranda on a wide variety of legal issues for judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and justices on the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Drafted judicial opinions published by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Presided over pre-hearing conferences, ruled on procedural and discovery disputes, and explored settlement options with adverse parties as a workers’ compensation officer with the State of Alaska.
- Researched consumer protection class action litigation defenses, trends in nutraceutical litigation and regulation, and preemption defenses in 510(k) medical device litigation for a nationwide products liability defense firm.
Memberships & Awards
- Minnesota State Bar Association (2020-2021)
- Minnesota Law Review, Lead Articles Editor (2020-2021)
- Minnesota Law Review, Staff Member (2019-2020)
- Federal Bar Association, Judge Edward J. Devitt Award for Excellence in the Study of Federal Law & Practice (2021)
- William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition, Best Brief Award (2021)
- William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist (2021)
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, Recognition for Public Service (2021)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Book Award in Patents (2020)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Book Award in Business Associations & Corporations (2019)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Legal Writing Section, Best Brief Award (2019)
- University of Minnesota Law SchoolJuris Doctor, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif (2021)
- Saint Olaf CollegeBachelor of Arts Degree, Economics & Studio Art (2013)
Alaska State Courts
Minnesota State Courts