How I represent clients at Schwabe
I work closely with Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs), tribal governments, private companies, and public entities throughout Alaska and the United States to solve complex legal problems. As a shareholder of two ANCs, the unique legal challenges that they face are especially important to me.
I have nearly 10 years of experience litigating complex disputes for both plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state court at both the trial and appellate level. I have particular experience appealing and defending district court judgments, and petitioning for extraordinary writs, before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to litigation and dispute resolution, I advise clients on a wide range of issues involving corporate governance, government contracting, the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program, and the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
Before joining Schwabe, I practiced at a small firm in Anchorage that is nationally recognized for its government contracting practice. Prior to that, I practiced for seven years in the Silicon Valley office of a large litigation firm, where I was part of the appellate group. Before entering private practice, I served as a law clerk to the Honorable Morgan B. Christen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and to the Honorable John W. Sedwick of the U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska.
- Assisted several ANCs in establishing and administering Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) assistance programs, and advised ANCs and tribal governments regarding expenditure of CARES Act funds generally.
- Advised several ANCs and tribal governments on compliance with the federal government contractor vaccine mandate.
- Successfully represented property developer in action, challenging the constitutionality of a city ordinance banning transportation and handling of coal; successfully defended favorable judgment on appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
- Georgetown University, Law Center, Juris Doctor degree, cum laude (2010)
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Arts (2006)
- Alaska State Courts
- California State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court - District of Alaska
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- Alaska Bar Association (2022-present)
- State Bar of California (2013-present)
Get in touch