How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help clients resolve difficult business disputes. My practice focuses on breach of contract claims, real property disputes, and assisting clients with insurance coverage issues.
I advise religious and other youth-serving organizations on child protection and child safety issues. I have defended numerous child sexual abuse-related lawsuits in federal and state courts in Oregon and Washington regarding claims dating from the 1960s through the early 1990s. I also am a member of the National Diocesan Attorneys Association.
In addition to my litigation experience, I serve as Deputy General Counsel at the firm.
- Defended religious and other youth-serving organizations in dozens of cases related to child sexual abuse.
- Interviewed and deposed several dozen plaintiffs, claimants, and witnesses involved in child sexual abuse claims dating from the 1960’s through the early 1990’s.
- Negotiated a complicated settlement involving a cutting-edge product with relatively little market presence.
- Worked successfully with a receiver in a receiver’s auction to achieve an efficient resolution of a million-dollar collection matter.
- Efficiently resolved several loan and other contract disputes with negotiated settlements.
- Drafted and negotiated transactional documents related to several million-dollar healthcare-based loans.
- Willamette University, Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude (2000)
- University of Notre Dame, Law School, Juris Doctor degree (2005)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- Artists Repertory Theatre, Board of Directors (2010-2015)
- St. Andrew Nativity School Ambassador, Board (2014-2016)
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox