I am committed to superior client service, timely and effective communication, and keeping costs reasonable while providing excellent ROI for every legal spend.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
Since 1997, I have been helping clients resolve complex commercial disputes, particularly with respect to borrowing, lending, and real estate. I work extensively with lenders and creditors in judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, representing their interests in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts. I also have significant experience with real property disputes, including complex title issues, landlord/tenant disputes, and construction matters.
As an experienced litigator and trial lawyer, I am known for efficiently identifying, evaluating and resolving all types of business and commercial disputes. I understand that for clients, every legal decision is also a business decision, and strives to provide both outstanding legal representation and attentive, diligent service.
I also co-lead Schwabe’s Innovation Lab. The Innovation Lab helps transform clients’ businesses by leveraging technology and automation to improve efficiency in the delivery of legal services.
- Defended an international cement manufacturer as lead counsel in federal court claims by a concrete supplier that cement was defective.
- Represented Oregon’s largest community bank in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, seeking to recover a large deficiency balance.
- Used the fast-track eviction process to help a large commercial landlord recover possession of property in breach of lease matter.
- Represented a large national lender in a large, complex loan workout with the borrower and numerous guarantors.
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor degree, cum laude (1997)
- California State University Fresno, Bachelor of Science degree, Criminology (1994)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Washington
American Diabetes Association Community Leadership Board, 8 years
Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditors Section, Executive Committee (2021-present)
Cycling Bend’s outstanding road, mountain and cyclocross bike trails—often with clients over lunch.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox