I consider myself a deal maker and not a deal breaker.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
I represent sophisticated commercial real estate and corporate clients in complex real estate and business transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing throughout Washington. Combining my deal-making experience with my creative problem-solving skills, I find workable and practical solutions to challenging legal issues and needs.
For over 15 years, my legal practice has represented clients on residential purchases and sales to facilitating complex development projects exceeding $500 million. I represent real estate developers, partnerships, syndicates, publicly traded companies, lenders, and investors (both private and institutional), including Fortune 500 companies. My favorite part of practicing law is helping clients achieve their business goals and meet their objectives and needs, and helping them seek out additional resources when and where needed.
- Counseled the largest and one of the oldest scrap metal recycling companies in Western Canada with respect to inbound investment, corporate formation and structuring, financing, acquisition, leasing, and operational work with respect to large-scale U.S. facilities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Acquisition and financing of multi-family, mixed-use, industrial, and office building projects in Seattle, Everett, and Tacoma exceeding $120 million on a single project, including inbound foreign investment.
- Represented an international commercial real estate venture with respect to the stabilization and disposition of a 100,000-square-foot plus industrial facility in Vancouver, WA, breaking the record in 2021 for all-time market rates in Clark County, WA.
- Represented a PNW hospital network for hospital and medical facility acquisitions, dispositions, developments, and related ground leases throughout Washington State.
- Hotel acquisitions and dispositions in downtown Seattle, WA, including the Denny Triangle.
- Land acquisition in Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties, WA, for a publicly traded company exceeding 126 acres a parcel and $25 million per acquisition.
- Lead attorney on all phases of complex commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions for high-rise, office, mixed-use, and high-end residential, commercial projects throughout Colorado and the Pacific Northwest.
- Acquisition, entitlement and disposition of an approximately 75,000-square-foot mixed-use development project in Kirkland, WA.
- Disposition of a large-scale mixed-use and entitled multi-family development project in Redmond, WA.
- Acquisition and construction financing for a 15-unit mixed-use (retail and office) building in Everett, WA.
- Acquisition and franchising work for national chain restaurant investment properties in Des Moines, WA.
- Negotiation of industrial, office, and retail leases throughout Colorado and Washington State.
- Represented a national mobile home park operator with respect to a 125+ lot acquisition in Mount Vernon, WA.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor degree (2005)
- University of Kentucky, Bachelor’s degree, Business Administration in Finance (2001)
- Colorado State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Washington State Bar Association, Member (2013–present)
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property Deskbook Editorial Board, Member
- King County Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member (2013–present)
- Colorado State Bar Association, Member (2005-present)
- Schwabe Pro Bono Committee, Member
- NAIOP, Member
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law’s Clarence L. Bartholic Award in Legal Ethics (2005)
Alzheimer’s Association, Volunteer (2011–2014)
Backpacking and enjoying the outdoors on the trails in the Pacific Northwest.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox