Donald Krahmer, Jr.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
For over 25 years, I have been a practicing corporate lawyer representing companies in manufacturing and distribution, technology (both hardware and software), healthcare, construction, real estate, financial services, energy, and natural resources. My experience has made me a trusted advisor to many of the Pacific Northwest’s leading companies, executives, entrepreneurs, and investors, and I have hands-on experience working with corporate governance, acquisitions, venture capital and finance, and international expansion.
Connecting clients with opportunities
Known as “The Great Connector,” I am active in the Pacific Northwest business, government, and nonprofit communities. Using my broad platform and relationships, I help create opportunities and solve problems for clients. Portland Monthly magazine called me one of Portland’s most influential leaders, and I am comfortable in traditional institutions of power as well as mentoring and working with the next generation of diverse young leaders.
Recognized business law leadership
My broad business, political and nonprofit background allows me to help clients look at old problems in new ways. I am equally comfortable in the boardroom, helping work through complex issues or helping general counsel or senior management identify legal resources and business strategies. My peers have recognized me with the James B. Castles Leadership Award, named after a founding general counsel of Tektronix and a founding trustee of the M. J. Murdock Trust, for excellence in the practice of business law, professionalism, and outstanding community leadership.
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor degree with emphasis in corporate and merger and acquisition law (1987)
- Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Master of Business Administration degree with emphasis in Finance and Organizational Change and Theory (1987)
- Willamette University, Bachelor of Science degree in Economics (1981)
- Oregon State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- Pacific Continental Bank, Board and Chair of Audit Committee (Emeritus)
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon, Community Board
- CFA Institute, Member
- CFA Society of Portland, Member
- National Association of Corporate Directors, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- Oregon Banker’s Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Business Law Section, Executive Committee, Chair
- Portland-Vancouver Connector Project, “Connector”
- James B. Castles Leadership Award
- Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Oregon Business Magazine, Publisher’s Award
- JDRF Gala of Hope Community Giving Award, 2016
- ADA Father of the Year Award, 2014
- Portland Monthly magazine, “Top 50 Most Influential Portlanders”
- President’s Award, Portland Business Alliance
- Portland Business Journal 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame, 2022
- Community Investment Initiative, Leadership Council
- Portland Business Alliance, Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Greater Portland, Inc., Board of Directors
- Jesuit High School, Board of Trustees
- Arlington Club, President
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum, Chair
- Glenn L. Jackson Leadership Award, Selection Committee
Friends and family, whitewater rafting and fly-fishing.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox