How I represent clients at Schwabe
I work with clients to reach prompt and practical solutions to fit their real estate and business objectives. My work encompasses real estate development, financing, acquisition, due diligence, asset management, facilities management, construction, commercial property leasing, and general company contracts.
I have represented national companies in commercial real estate purchases and leasing transactions and have directly handled the negotiation and closing of hundreds of complex real estate development transactions nationwide. I have also represented lenders in documenting and closing multimillion-dollar commercial property development financing transactions. I have organized and overseen real estate related due diligence for successful multimillion-dollar corporate financings with hundreds of collateral properties.
Before joining Schwabe, I was with a prominent law firm in Vancouver, Washington, and previously was the Assistant General Counsel of Real Estate for Knowledge Universe Education.
- Negotiated and drafted real estate development, acquisition, and disposition transaction documents.
- Managed and conducted real estate related due diligence for sock and asset acquisitions, and commercial development projects from inception through construction.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial real estate lease transaction documents.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial real estate financing documents.
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts degree, Education and Far Eastern & Russian History (1970)
- Gonzaga University, Juris Doctor degree (1975)
- Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Washington
- Washington Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Lifetime Service Award (2020)
- Humane Society of Southwest Washington, Board Member (1991-2006, 2010-2022), Planned Giving Committee Chair (2013-2022), Annual Auction and Dinner Co-Chair (2012-2021)
Jean enjoys traveling, walking, reading, and playing with her animals.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox