How I represent clients at Schwabe
Drawing on my three decades of experience representing real estate owners, managers, and tenants, I provide fast and reliable advice in office, retail, and industrial transactions. I concentrate my practice on commercial leasing and representing landlords, tenants, asset managers, and property managers on a daily basis. I’ve handled hundreds of leases of space in shopping centers, Class A office towers, medical office buildings, and suburban campus settings, as well as ground leases and build-to-suit leases.
When efficiency counts
Understanding that time is money in the real estate industry, I’ve created systems that streamline document review and creation for my clients. I participate in direct negotiations with skill and attention to detail, but always in a relaxed manner with a sense of humor.
A recognized authority
I’ve written and spoken on numerous real estate topics and am a frequent presenter to industry and legal groups, including the Commercial Association of Realtors, the Oregon State Bar, Law Seminars International, CLE International, and the Board of Realtors, as well as private organizations.
“John Guinasso is the finest real estate attorney I have worked with in my 30+ years in the business. He combines an acute understanding of the technical aspects of the law with a wealth of experience in the real world and a wonderful, business focused approach to achieving outcomes. Always the consummate professional, John has an ability to very quickly navigate through peripheral distractions and get to the heart of the matter.”
-Rock Asset Management
Chambers & Partners USA, client highlights
“John has been critical in leading us through our larger and more complex lease agreements.”
- Represents several companies that own and lease Portland Central Business District Class A Towers.
- Represents one of the world’s largest banks in its leasing and real estate transactions in the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented the purchaser of a portfolio of six Portland Central Business District office buildings, assisted in the management and leasing of these buildings, and then handled the resale of the portfolio to two separate institutional purchasers.
- Stanford Law School, Juris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif (1983)
- Lewis & Clark College, Bachelor of Arts degree (1979)
- Oregon State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- Best Lawyers in America Award, Real Estate Law (2006-2022)
- Ranked for Real Estate Lawyers in Oregon, Chambers USA (2016-2022)
John can regularly be found at the gym or here in his wine cellar.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox