I am part of a talented team that is committed to establishing patent rights for your business.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
I have helped technology businesses, including several innovative Fortune 500 companies in Silicon Forest, Silicon Valley, Seattle, and other technology hubs across the nation, prepare and file both U.S. patent and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications. I have also assisted new businesses in managing their patent portfolios, from portfolio inception to acquisition.
Experienced counsel for complex technology
I have been practicing patent and trademark prosecution for more than ten years. My experience includes prosecution of patent applications in fields such as cloud computing, networking, computer architecture, operating system software, video encoding, social networking applications, connected vehicle service software, security software, resistive memory, and electromechanical technologies. Prior to my career in law, I worked as a technical marketing engineer in Intel’s motherboard group.
I joined Schwabe as part of the group from Stolowitz Ford Cowger LLP, the boutique intellectual property firm that merged with Schwabe in 2015.
Patents and publications
- 8,050,817 (originally assigned to Airbiquity, Inc.)
- 7,937,531 (originally assigned to Cisco Technology, Inc.)
- 8,095,747 (originally assigned to Cypress Semiconductor Corp.)
- 8,121,197 (originally assigned to Elemental Technologies, Inc.)
- 9,075,629 (originally assigned to Microsoft Corp.)
- 2015/0193544 (originally assigned to Salesforce.com, Inc.)
- 9,124,899 (originally assigned to Sharp Laboratories of America)
- 8,610,099 (originally assigned to Unity Semiconductor Corporation)
- 8,180,852 (originally assigned to Social Concepts, Inc.)
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, Juris Doctor degree (2005)
- Santa Clara University, Bachelor of Science degree, Electrical Engineering
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Patent Law Association, Member
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox