How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help clients that range from early to late-stage start-ups, in addition to mid-sized and Fortune 500 corporations tackle issues with patents. My intellectual property protection experience has focused on semiconductor devices, semiconductor physics, semiconductor processing and equipment, micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), circuits, clean technology, and medical devices.
I also provide a full range of patent-related services, including patent analysis, due diligence evaluations, patent validity, and infringement opinions, patent landscape reviews (exclusivity/freedom to operate), patent portfolio management, counseling clients on IP strategy, preparation and prosecution of patent applications, patent appeals, reexamination, and reissue applications, negotiating IP licenses, and litigation support. Prior to becoming a lawyer, I was a process engineer, which gave me extensive technology experience and insight into the field.
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Science degree, Electric and Computer Engineering (1986)
- University of Santa Clara, Law School, Juris Doctor degree (1991)
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- IP Stars California (2016-2020)
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox