Everybody has a good idea. My job is to help inventors articulate and protect those ideas.
How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help technology companies throughout the Northwest obtain patent protection for innovations in computer and software technologies, including semiconductors, cellular standards, mobile image analysis, and recognition software. My clients include large multinational companies, solo inventors starting their first business, and everyone in between. The most rewarding part of my job is working with inventors who are passionate about their ideas.
I attribute my intellectual property know-how to my diverse professional experiences at a leading global IP law firm, two patent boutiques, a small general practice firm, and working in-house at a start-up. Combined, these experiences give me a unique understanding of what clients in different economic or entrepreneurial situations may view as important. As a result, I work with clients to develop individualized strategies based on their particular needs, allowing me to maximize intellectual property protection while minimizing unnecessary costs and worry.
- Helps inventors obtain patent protection for inventions related to wireless signals, autonomous vehicles, semiconductors, computer servers, optical devices, and computer memory.
- Provides portfolio development advice on multiple international high-value patent portfolios.
- Provides strategic advice related to comparisons of issued and pending patent applications against possible evidence of use.
- Advised clients on patent acquisition and brokerage strategies for multiple large portfolios in the wireless and wired telecommunications area.
- The George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor degree (2006)
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Sciences dual degree, Physics and Mathematics, with honors (2002)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. Patent Bar
- Oregon State Bar, Member (2006-current)
- Sigma Pi Sigma, a Physics Honor Society, Member
They trapped me.
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox