How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help clients navigate the uncertainty of litigation from start to finish. I have represented clients ranging from individuals and local firms to government bodies and national businesses at trial and on appeal in state and federal court. I recognize that every dispute is as unique as the parties involved, and I leverage my experience litigating a wide variety of disputes to reach a result that reflects my client’s goals.
In addition to my experience at Schwabe, I have served as an Assistant County Attorney, representing Multnomah County in civil litigation stemming from torts, contract disputes, and constitutional claims and advising on risk associated with County policies and procedures.
- Obtained a favorable defense verdict as lead counsel in a week-long jury trial in which the plaintiff alleged assault and battery claims against law enforcement officers.
- Represented the Multnomah County Sheriff in appeals challenging the denial of concealed-handgun permits in Multnomah County Circuit Court and the Oregon Court of Appeals.
- Defended a large regional retailer in high-value personal injury litigation arising out of injuries allegedly sustained on premises.
- Secured dismissal of an equitable claim for contribution of environmental cleanup costs under the terms of a lease agreement.
- Assisted in the successful defense of a technology start-up against fraud and breach-of-contract claims in a four-day jury trial.
- Lewis & Clark, Law School, Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (2012)
- Portland State University, Bachelor of Arts degree (2009)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of Oregon
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Owen Panner American Inn of Court, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Service to the Public Committee, Member
Testing my legs along quiet roads.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox