How I represent clients at Schwabe
Drawing on 39 years of experience, I help privately and closely held businesses navigate all stages of the business lifecycle, from entity formation to growth to eventual transition. I seek business structures that provide value for my client.
I provide practical advice to help clients make informed business decisions to achieve their goals. Whether helping to negotiate a merger or acquisition, assisting with financing, formulating transition plans, or negotiating contracts and agreements, my solution-oriented approach helps get the deal done.
In addition, I serve as outside general counsel for many of my clients, advising them on a wide range of operational, legal, and compliance issues daily.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Sociology, cum laude (1980)
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Juris Doctor degree (1983)
- California State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) (2024)
“Business Transition Planning,” Panel of Experts, seminar sponsored by Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership, May 2013
- Oregon State Bar, Pro Bono Volunteer Counsel (2010-2016)
- Portland Yacht Club, Member and Board of Directors (2019-2023)
Spending time cruising aboard my vessel Sojourn.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox