How I represent clients at Schwabe
As a construction and business lawyer, I draw from my personal experience in the construction industry to serve construction, real estate, and business clients. Utilizing my experiences throughout my career, I counsel general contractors, subcontractors, and other business owners to navigate a multitude of legal concerns.
I am adept at reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts and completing other various transactional matters. I know Washington’s public construction contracting laws and advise my clients on regulations and matters relating to the Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises.
During law school, I served as a legal extern for a real estate brokerage, where I worked on regulatory matters and drafted demand letters. I also co-founded a commercial subcontracting company and developed its internal processes, including accounting, human resources, corporate governance, and marketing. Today the company employs over 100 people and is one of the largest commercial paint and wallcovering subcontractors in Washington state.
- Customized American Institute of Architects agreements and terms and conditions documents for commercial contractors and subcontractors.
- Routinely negotiated and advised clients regarding unfavorable contract terms and conditions.
- Successfully directed an asset acquisition legal team to close a purchase of a business including finance, franchise, and real estate law.
- Negotiated purchase and sale and nondisclosure agreements to maximize a client’s goals.
- Researched and drafted public-work compliant subcontract agreements for clients in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska.
- Researched and applied Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises laws and regulations to clients’ risks.
- Successfully completed a Federal Disadvantaged Business application.
- Routinely researched statutory and regulatory matters and worked with executive clients to strategize business solutions.
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts degree (2001)
- Seattle University, School of Law, Juris Doctor degree (2018)
- Washington State Courts
- Black Law Student Association (2015-2018)
- Labor and Employment Law Association, Executive Board Member (2017)
- King County Bar Association, In-House Counsel Section, Co-Chair (2023 – present)
- King County Bar Association Scholarship Recipient (2015 & 2016)
- Washington Scholarship Foundation, Board Member
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox