How I represent clients at Schwabe
I help clients with patent inventions and intellectual property asset management—working to understand each client’s business goals and competitive environment to craft their patent strategies accordingly. I have a wide range of experience with technologies, including electronic circuit design, semiconductor processing, wireless communication, medical devices, apparel, power tools, and sporting equipment; and excel at helping clients use design patents as a valuable supplement or alternative to utility patents.
Before becoming a lawyer, I worked in an electrophysiology lab at Oregon Health and Science University and as a Patent Clerk for Proteus Biomedical in Redwood City, California, where I helped develop an extensive patent portfolio related to implantable medical devices.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications related to electronic circuit design, semiconductor processing, wireless communication, medical devices, apparel, power tools and sporting equipment, among other technologies.
- Prepares and prosecutes design patents to protect ornamental features of inventions.
- Analyzes competitor patents to give non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Targets patent claims to competitor products and technical standards.
- Directs filing and prosecution of patent applications in foreign countries.
- University of Oregon, School of Law, Juris Doctor degree, order of the coif (2010)
- Duke University, Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (2003)
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Portland Chapter of Duke Alumni Association, Board Member
Hiking, running, golfing, exploring Portland’s abundant restaurant and microbrew scene, rooting for the Blazers and Timbers, and watching movies with my family.
Get in touch
Ideas & Insights
News and Insights delivered to your inbox