Alexandra J. Bodnar
Alexandra Bodnar helps regional and international clients in the technology, footwear and apparel, sports and outdoor, and food and beverage industries manage, protect and enforce their intellectual property rights.
Alexandra routinely drafts and negotiates IP licensing agreements and advises clients of all sizes on trademark prosecution and portfolio management strategies. She provides practical, results-driven counsel on domestic and international distribution relationships, software licensing and development agreements, e-commerce transactions, domain name and website issues, and marketing and advertising law.
- Counseled a standards development organization (SDO) on the ownership and transfer of critical intellectual property in a consolidation with a competing SDO to form one of the largest standards organizations dedicated to developing a single specification for all Internet of Things devices.
- Advised an industry-leading retailer of power generation products and commercial trucks on the transfer of intellectual property in a series of divisional sales, and negotiated the terms of a transfer providing maximum protection for the retained IP assets.
- Represented an economically significant regional port in negotiating an agreement for the development of custom software to manage toll operations.
- Developed and supported the implementation of a company-wide IP development and protection strategy for a rapidly expanding, locally owned auto parts and services company.
- Drafted a supply and private label agreement for an international beverage distributor to facilitate the sale of products to a Fortune 500 company.
- Advised industry-leading manufacturers of consumer goods on the use of “Made in USA” claims.
- Counseled a consumer products start-up in selecting, registering and protecting its trademarks in the United States.
Memberships & Awards
- Oregon Bar Association – Intellectual Property Section, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- American Bar Association – Intellectual Property Section, Member
Resources & Ideas
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Portland State University Launch-in-9 Program, “Legal Issues for Start-Ups,” March 2016
- September 19, 2017
- November 13, 2015
- June 29, 2015
- February 16, 2015
- May 13, 2014
- November 7, 2013
- Oregon Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Board Member, 2014-2016
- Gonzaga UniversityBachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science, summa cum laude (2010)
- University of Oregon School of LawJuris Doctor, Order of the Coif (2013)
Oregon State Courts
United States District Court, District of Oregon
Outside The Office
- Camping and exploring the trails of Oregon and Southern Washington.